Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 3

So today is the start of week 3 of my path to getting healthier!  So this week I did pretty good, except for one day.  I was hanging out with my friends at a game night, so I didn't have dinner that day until after it was done.  So I ended up eating a little more than I should have.  That experience taught me that I need to be careful when I go out to eat, to not worry about how things will taste the next day, and saving the best for last.  (Which is a bad habit of mine.)  However, even with that little set back, I have still maintained my goal of eating until full, and exercising for at least 20 minutes everyday (M-F).  That has been a little hard for me because I get up and exercise with my roommate before she goes off to work, so then I am awake, but not really because I am still really tired.  So I am still working on getting my sleep schedule to match with my exercise schedule.  However, I am really grateful to have my roommate doing this with me because we can laugh at ourselves while working out, and keep each other from sleeping and motivated to continue.  We have also found a very funny friend in Richard Simmons!  lol I know what you are thinking, but trust me, if you haven't ever done his sweating to the oldies (original) video, then try it!  He is the perfect pick-me-up that we sometimes need.  For instance, on days when we are having trouble figuring out which workout to do, and if we are both a little unmotivated, or my roommate just needs a good laugh/moral boost, then we put in Richard Simmons and let him pick us back up by being his crazy self.  I have also been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables.  I really like taking all of my veggies and putting them into my salad, or putting them, chicken, and some seasonings in a frying pan and cooking them.  They are great for a wrap for lunch, or even on their own they are really good.  The only problem now is finding enough room in the fridge for all of my leftovers!

So here's what we all wanna know about:

309 (current weight) - 150 (goal) = 159 pounds to go!!!!!!!

I'm only 9 pounds away from having to loose exactly the amount that I should weigh!

Here are my goals for next week:


  • Stop eating when full.
  • Exercise for 25-30 minutes M-F
  • Eat more fruits and vegetables.

1 comment: