Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 6

So during this past week, I have added a new part to my exercise regime.  I decided that 3 nights a week I would also do some strength/muscle training exercises.  So 3 of the 5 days that I exercise I am actually exercising twice as much.  That has been kind of hard to do, but I find that once I put on my music and get started, I am more motivated to finish it.  So I just need to continue working on this and I think that I will gain muscle along with lose the fat.  This week was pretty good for me.  It was not the easiest week ever, but I also feel that it wasn't the hardest week that I've had either.  I just feel that I need to start getting closer and closer to counting calories.  That is the one thing that I hate to do.  Right now I am simply paying attention to the calories and trying to be conscious of how many calories I am eating in a day, but I am not writing them down and subtracting them from a total, yet!  I will eventually get to that point, but I feel that I first need to be able to control myself from overeating, and hating the idea of counting calories.  At this point I am looking at the calories before eating, and if the calorie count is high, then I can stop and see if these calories are really worth it.  I can already see how the transfer from that to counting calories daily will be a lot easier than when I tried it before.  I have noticed that during this time I have had a bigger craving for meat, but considering how much I am exercising now, it is not a big surprise.

I know that this week is not a very big post, but there was not a lot of big revelations or hardships this week.
So now onto the part that everybody is waiting for:  302 (current weight) - 150 (goal) = 152 pounds left!!!

I know that this is not a big difference compared to last week, and I am a little disappointed.  However, as I said above I have started doing a lot more muscle exercises.  So I have a feeling (thanks to a sore body) that a lot of what happened this week was actually muscle gain.  Hopefully next week will reflect better than this week did of how much work I am doing.

Goals for this week:

  • cardio exercise everyday M-F
  • muscle exercise M, W, & F
  • eat more fruits and vegetables
  • eat until full
  • pay closer attention to calories

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! You're right about the muscle weight being heavier, but it's worth it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete