So I am now on the start of week 2! For some reason, during week 1 I had days where it was really easy, and now it seems to have gone back to normal. However, I am now able to say no to myself, which is a huge step! Before I would have just sat at my computer and ate and ate and ate! It wouldn't have made a difference if I was full or not. Now I am not counting calories, but I am just eating until full and then stopping. So I still try to think in terms of a serving, and "Am I really hungry?" and so far that has really helped. I have also gotten everyday (M-F) to exercise! It has also really helped that my friend/roommate is also getting up and exercising with me, because we can motivate/encourage each other when we are tired. I also had a big test with one of my favorite foods, macaroni and cheese! It has been part of my overeating since I can remember! And last night I was able to give myself a serving, plus give some to Katherine, and then place the leftovers in the fridge and not touch them!!!! That is a huge step for me.
But let's be honest, here is the part that you wanna know. When I weighed myself this week I weighed in at about
311!!!!!! Now for those of you skeptics, believe me when I say that I literally have taken a 180 turn in my eating. I have a small breakfast (sometimes after exercising), a very small lunch (usually a salad filled with veggies), a serving size portion for dinner, and if hungry later, a serving of a snack after. Now compare this to, no exercise, no breakfast, a decent sized lunch, and a serving for 2-3 people dinner, plus all the snacks I wanted. Another thing that really helps is that I never eat fast, I always take my time, which allows my stomach time to tell my brain when we are really full. So Maybe I read the scale wrong, but I tried to read it numerous times and from numerous angles, and this is the number that I keep seeing.
So: 311 (current weight) - 150 (goal) = 161 (Pounds To Go!!!!!)
Goals for this week:
- Eat until I am full, and then stop.
- Exercise for 15-20 minutes (M-F)
No comments:
Post a Comment