Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Beginning to 150 Pounds!

So I decided to start this after reading someone else's blog about their weight-loss.  At this moment I am 315 pounds.  My goal is to get down to 150 pounds, which means that I need to lose 165 pounds!  The last time that I was successful at losing weight was in Junior High, which was about 12-13 years ago.  That is also how long I have been struggling with being overweight.  However, now I want to get in shape because I have gotten to the point where I want to be able to look in a full length mirror without being ashamed.  So my journey begins...the only problem is where.  At this moment my goals are not big, because I want to form a habit, from which I can grow.  It took me a long time to get into a habit of reading my scriptures every night.  But once I did, then I was able to add on to it with other uplifting things.  I am hoping to do that with my weight-loss.  Start small and end strong!

My goals for this next week are:


  • Exercise M-F for at least 10 minutes each day.
  • Stop eating when I'm full.
    • Stop eating in my room.
  • Eat more fruits and vegetables!
This may not seem like very specific or big goals, but when you are on summer vacation (I'm a teacher) then doing anything is better than nothing!


Here is what I currently look like.

1 comment: