Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Week 9

So this past week was an interesting one for me.  I had my birthday this past week, so I ended up going out with my friends.  I was good about not eating too much.  In fact, I even split my meal with one of my friends.  We did get an ice cream cake, but I only had 1 piece on that day, and then 1 the other day.  Sweets have never really been my problem.  So I felt like I did a good job of not eating too much.  I still need to watch myself, and make sure that I don't eat too much, even if it is good for me.  My roommate and I started going on walks in the morning, which has been interesting.  We are trying to work our way up to jogging/running in the morning.  We did a little jogging the other day, but just walked this morning.  We are starting slow and working our way up to running.  But when we did the jogging section, both of us wanted to quit as soon as we started it, but we kept going even though it was hard.  We downloaded this cool app that is to help people train for a 5k, but instead of running when it says "run," we either speed walk, or jog.  Since it does a 5 minute warm up, then rotates back and forth between a minute of "running" and a minute and a half of "walking" and then 5 minute cool down, it is not too hard to do.  It is also nice to have some extra time of walking to work our way back up to running.  I was not very good this week about getting on the bike.  I need to get back to work on the bike.  What I've been trying to do is just ride it whenever I am watching t.v.
As far as eating is concerned, I have been doing a pretty good job of not overeating, but I can always improve.  I really just need to figure out how many calories I can have in a day, and try to start getting within that limit.  I was finally able to find some good strawberries, but I ended up having too many because they were so good.  So I need to watch myself still even if they are fruits or vegetables.

Here's what you've been waiting for:  297 (current weight) - 150 (goal) = 147 pounds to go!!!!!


Goals for next week:


  • exercise everyday M-F for 30 minutes
  • ride the bike 3 days for 30 minutes
  • eat more fruits and vegetables
  • stop eating when full

1 comment: