Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 4

Thinking back on this week, I had some really good moments.  For instance, I went to one of my favorite places to eat, Cafe Rio and I was able to eat the half of the salad instead of all of it.  This is a pretty big salad, which I used to eat in one day, even though I knew that I was full.  I would just get the thought in my head that it wouldn't taste as good tomorrow, so I need to eat it now.  But this week, I was able to get it when I was really hungry and still able to give myself only half before putting it away from myself.  So what was normally just one huge dinner, ended up being two more filling dinners!  It is getting easier to stop myself from just going with the quick dinner, and taking my time to make a serving of something really good and still good for me.  For instance today I could have had a quick dinner, but my roommate and I took the time to make homemade Alfredo sauce for our chicken Alfredo.

This week I was able to exercise everyday, but one.  However, that was the 4th of July, and I still ended up exercising (probably more than I would have on that day anyway) because my roommate and I went to a fireworks concert and we had to park far away to escape the crowds.  So we had a like 4 block walk to and from the concert (plus going up the stairs to our seats).  So we definitely felt the workout that day.  We also had some fun on Saturday and went to a local water park, which caused us to stay in the lazy river for like 2 hours, just swimming and talking.  So I actually exercised 6 days this week instead of 5.  We are both definitely feeling the results of the exercise, since my arms are killing me everyday!

So here's what you've been waiting for:  304 (current weight) - 150 (weight goal) = 154 pounds to go!!!

My goals for this week:


  • Exercise for 30 minutes M-F
  • Eat more vegetables and fruits
  • Stop eating when full
  • Pay more attention to calories

1 comment: